From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Compositing too slow in KDE
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 18:18:54
1 Mick wrote:
2 >
3 > Some digging around helped a bit - I switched in SystemSettings/Desktop
4 > Effects, the Compositing Type from OpenGL to XRender and now it does not
5 > suspend (although 'wobbly windows' and 'Desktop Cube Animation' are disabled.
6 >
7 > In E17 which I use daily the compositing works fine, until I select OpenGL as
8 > the rendering engine and then it crashes horribly (won't even boot).
9 >
10 > I have set up mesa to use gallium (if that makes any odds). Is there anything
11 > else I need to configure to improve OpenGL performance (at least to stop it
12 > crashing)?
15 I have a Nvidia GT-220 card and I have mine set to OpenGL in Desktop
16 Effects. I did run into this once before tho, I went to a console,
17 reloaded the nvidia modules, restarted X and it worked. I'm not sure
18 but I think I had upgraded the nvidia drivers or something and the above
19 worked here
20
21 Is your card reasonably fast? If it is at least the speed of mine, it
22 should work since it works here. Not sure how much is required tho.
23
24 Dale
25