From: bn <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't hear anything. :-(
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:05:57
1 Alan Mackenzie ha scritto:
2 > Hi, gentoo,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to get sound to sound on my new Gentoo box, following the
5 > "Gentoo Linux ALSA Guide". Everything seems to be working fine, except
6 > no sound is coming out of my loudspeakers.
7 >
8 > I've checked the obvious things: the speakers are plugged in, switched
9 > on and connected to the appropriate socket on my motherboard (the light
10 > green one).
11 >
12 > I have drivers for my motherboard's sound chips compiled into my kernel,
13 > and they are correctly identified by alsamixer. With alsamixer I've
14 > unmuted various things and turned up the volume.
15 >
16 > madplay appears to play an mp3 file I have. Just that no actual sound
17 > comes out.
18 >
19 > One other strange thing: the titles under the "volume bars" in alsamixer
20 > are very different from the ones in the document: Instead of "Master /
21 > Headphone / Tone / Bass / Treble / 3D Contr / PCM", I've got " Master /
22 > Headphon / Front / Front Mi / Surround / Center / LFE / Side / Line /
23 > Mic / Mic Boos / S/PDIF / S/PDIF D / Beep". Why is this? In
24 > particular, I'm missing the "PCM" volume bar which the documentation
25 > says is so important to unmute.
26 >
27 > What am I missing here?
28 >
29 > Thanks in advance!
32 Have you tried this?
33 http://www.pubbs.net/gentoo/200912/63563/
34
35 I had a similar problem, I hope it helps. Drivers are one thing, but
36 codecs another.
37
38 m.