From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel error messages: gentoo-sources 2.6.13-r5
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 22:55:59
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > 2) The init scripts complain that the system doesn't support DEVFS or
4 > UDEV, but
5 > a) I thought I *did* have UDEV; I remember a big deal about
6 > converting to it.
7 > b) at the moment, I can't remember how I got it, and don't see an
8 > option for it
9 > in the kernel config. Where is it, or where else would it be?
10 > This message comes out during init scripts, but before logging
11 > starts, so I don't
12 > have the exact text.
15 There is no kernel option for udev. Make sure that the file
16 /dev/.devfsd does not exist. If this file exists, /sbin/rc will disable
17 udev.
18
19 > 3) Sound: I get this message, but sound works okay. Is it a problem?
20 > Can I or
21 > should I make the message go away? I have run alsamixer, and set
22 > all sliders
23 > in the green.
24 >
25 > Oct 30 13:14:23 treat rc-scripts: Could not detect custom ALSA
26 > settings. Loading all detected alsa drivers.
29 Run "alsaconf" and save the results when prompted.
30
31 -Richard
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list