From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I use LLVM?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:32:15
1 On Monday 12 Dec 2011 05:32:04 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:17 AM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > And no, it's not because I'm adventurous. Background... I'm trying to
4 > > revive an older Dell Dimension 530 (32 bit install) with a Radeon card
5 > > that uses a binary blob from the radeon-ucode ebuild/download. When
6 > > trying to "emerge xorg-server", it fails with the message...
7 > >
8 > > configure: error: LLVM is required to build Gallium R300 on x86 and
9 > > x86_64
10 > >
11 > > I understand that LLVM is a "gcc-like" compiler. What is the minimum
12 > > amount of stuff that I need to do? Are there any LLVM-compatability
13 > > libraries for gcc that would do this build?
14 >
15 > llvm is pulled in on most of my systems as a dependency of something
16 > else. It doesn't conflict with having gcc installed.
17 >
18 > emerge sys-devel/llvm
19 >
20 > And try again. If that fixes it, you should file a bug against the
21 > specific package failing to build, noting the missing explicit build
22 > dependency.
23
24 Unless you are using a new radeon card you may need sys-kernel/linux-firmware
25 instead of radeon-ucode.
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick