From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocking object does not exist...
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 10:34:39
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > emerge's block output is worded confusingly, the exact selection of words can
4 > lead you to believe that you have to do B in order to do A, when actually
5 > it's the other way round. this is because the devs block B in A's ebuild and
6 > also block A in B's ebuild, so that no stupid circumstances can arise. Best
7 > way to wrap your head around it is to open each ebuild, read it and compare
8 > it to the console output. Sooner or later a lightbulb will go on in your
9 > head, at least that's how it worked for me and most others I've helped over
10 > the years.
16 Amen to the confusing part. It almost always stumps me. I'm glad the
17 unstable portage sort of deals with this itself, so far at least.
18
19 Dale
20