From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with Having two Network Cards in System ...
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 03:29:50
1 You need to break this down into the local (connected) networks, that is,
2 the subnet that the NIC are in and remote networks, that is, networks that
3 are reachable via ,say, the default gateway. My first guess is the the
4 default route is flipping back and forth as each NIC gets its address
5 renewal....
6
7 So when you next have connectivity problems, first check that you can ping
8 the IP address of another system on the same subnet as the NIC, and do this
9 for both NICs. I'm guess that will work. Then try pinging a remote system
10 and see how that correlates to where the default route is pointing, using
11 netstat -rn.