From: German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RTL8192CU
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:19:53
1 On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:01:03 +0000
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Saturday 21 Mar 2015 10:10:56 Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 06:00:24 -0400, German wrote:
6 > > > > Was the firmware for the driver in question installed as well?
7 > > > >
8 > > > > What's the output of 'lspci -k' and 'lsusb -v' for your device?
9 > > >
10 > > > It works, so yes, firmare is installed. Module's name is rtl8192cu. It
11 > > > just drops the connection after a while, this is a problem
12 > >
13 > > You cannot assume that because it works, the firmware is there. The RTL
14 > > NIC in my Asus Vivo Mini MythTV frontend complained about missing
15 > > firmware at boot, but it still worked. Check dmesg, you may need firmware
16 > > to fix your problems.
17 >
18 > +1
19 >
20 > In addidion, use modinfo to find out what parameters the particular module has
21 > and add these when you modprobe to switch off power management - which on
22 > buggy drivers tends to power down the card.
23
24 Where do I have to use "modinfo". Can you give an example. From my research, that is exactly the power management which powers down the buggy drivers, but I don't know what what are these module options which will prevent to power the card down.
25 >
26 > --
27 > Regards,
28 > Mick