From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [perhaps OT] ssh from Gentoo into a RedHat server
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:30:58
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 31 May 2007 09:08:38 -0400 Randy Barlow
4 <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > Mauro Faccenda wrote:
7 > > being a redhat, i suppose
8 > > that it uses redhat with more less the default configuration, that
9 > > tries to read your public key on your user home in the server
10 > > (~/.ssh/authorized_users or ~/.ssh/authorized_users2).
11 >
12 > This is something I've wondered about for a while - what's the
13 > difference between authorized_users and authorized_users2?
14
15 I think this is some compatibility cruft from the first sshd versions
16 using the protocol version 2. Comments in "pathnames.h" from the
17 OpenSSH distribution indicate that, too.
18
19 -hwh
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list