From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] acrobat reader
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 20:07:19
1 On 9/22/21 1:41 PM, Charlotte Delenk wrote:
2 >
3 > On 9/22/21 21:29, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >> On 9/22/21 1:19 PM, Jack wrote:
5 >>> On 2021.09.22 15:06, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
6 >>>> I have a pdf fillable form which I can only open in acrobat reader on Windows.
7 >>>>
8 >>>> Which package do I use to read these form on Gentoo?
9 >>> You should be able to read them with any PDF reader.  Not all readers will allow you to fill in the forms and save with the inserted data.  I use Okular for that, but the dependencies may be a lot if you don't already run KDE.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Gnome PDF reader (evince?) can also do it.
10 >>>
11 >>> Jack
12 >> I have evince, it will not open it.
13 >>
14 >> This is the form I'm trying to open:
15 >>
16 >> https://cfr.forms.gov.ab.ca/Form/AHC0102.pdf
17 >>
18 > The javascript code embedded inside explicitely checks for acrobat reader version 9.0 or newer, as well as "XFA" (whatever that is) version 2.0 or newer. Maybe try installing app-emulation/wine and then running acrobat reader using wine?
19
20 On gentoo "app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.7.90" WORKS
21 I can read and edit that file.