From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] locale no longer recognised by Plasma and KDE apps?
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 07:24:54
1 On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 02:17:07PM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > > > systemsettings5 only allows one to add a user. Existing user
4 > > > > accounts are not listed.
5 > > >
6 > > > Now that's definitely wrong. I have no users other than myself, but I do
7 > > > appear in the user manager. I do have to give the root password to save
8 > > > any changes I make, though, which is only natural.
9 > >
10 > > […] All I could do is add a new user, which is not something I would
11 > > like to do.
12 > >
13 > > Can you please confirm if you are running systemd with your Plasma
14 > > installation?
15 >
16 > No, just good old openrc.
17
18 I’m on openrc, too, and my user details dialog only shows “New user”.
19 Neither my own account nor the guest account that I added a few days back
20 is visible. Clicking on the [+] at the bottom has no effect at all.
21
22 Starting system settings from the terminal prints one line:
23 log_user_manager: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" "The name
24 org.freedesktop.login1 was not provided by any .service files"
25 Not sure though whether that’s related.
26 --
27 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
28 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
29
30 “Wow! That lightning sounded clo... zzzit!” -- NO CARRIER --