From: ny6p01 <ny6p01@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound not sounding
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 23:13:22
1 If you have Gentoo, you have to resist the temptation to give in to
2 despair. If you do, good things usually follow.
5 Lee 😎
6
7 On Mar 23, 2022 at 3:15 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
8
9 On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 3:05 PM Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
10 >
11 > On 23/03/2022 20:31, Mark Knecht wrote:
12 > > Interesting. Having moved to Kubuntu it's just Kubuntu to me, and it's
13 > > what I don't like about becoming primarily a Kubuntu user as you end
14 > > up much more 'detached' from all this stuff. However my important apps
15 > > also 'just work' and vendors provide answers which they seldom did
16 > > when I was running Gentoo.
17 >
18 > I guess that's because there's only one Kubuntu. The snag is every
19 > gentoo is one of a kind ... :-)
20 >
21 > Cheers,
22 > Wol
25 <hehe> Yeah, ain't that the truth! I'd likely be a Gentoo user if anyone
26 built and maintained a 'standard', stable distro, something delivered
27 in primarily binary files. I just lost patience dealing with all the issues
28 you guys deal with daily.
29
30 I still have a bit of my gentoo-users folder going back a few years.
31 One of the older threads I saved was actually talking to Peter in
32 2005. I built my first Gentoo machine in 2001, about a year after
33 Daniel started the distro. Kudo's to Peter for making it this far!
34
35 - Mark