From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [TOT: Total offtopic]
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 17:44:18
1 Mark:
2
3 Thanks a lot!
4
5 \--
6 Meino
10 On 03/31 12:37, Elijah Mark Anderson wrote:
11 > Meino:
12 >
13 > I agree with Joost. Things like this are almost always due to a dirty
14 > keyboard. Carefully take it apart, and give it a thorough cleaning.
15 > In my experience cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol are your friends.
16 >
17 > If you need a stronger cleaner, or one that needs/has water, remove the PCB(s)
18 > and electronics first. Here's a guide on cleaning Model Ms specifically.
19 > https://learn.adafruit.com/convert-your-model-m-keyboard-to-bluetooth-with-bluefruit-ez-key-hid/how-to-clean-model-m-keyboard
20 >
21 > If the problem continues to occur, the next thing to check is probably the
22 > cable; make sure it's not frayed and in otherwise good condition. You can use
23 > a multimeter on resistance or continuity mode to check the continuity of the
24 > conductors (none of them are broken), and make sure none of the conductors are
25 > shorting/jumping to the others.
26 >
27 > Hope this helps!
28 > --