From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Corrupt USB pen drive
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:04:23
1 On Friday 18 May 2007 16:48, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2
3 > I'll answer another question first: The asterisk indicates consecutive
4 > lines w/ the same data. So here, we have a full block (512 bytes,
5 > 0x000-0x1ff) containing almost only zeros. It stops with a valid
6 > master boot record magic number (0x55aa). This MBR doesn't contain
7 > anything, so there's no partition table, either. It also might be a
8 > part of a FAT file system's boot sector (the end-of-sector marker
9 > bytes).
10 >[cut]
11
12 I did not know about the meaning of the asterisk...so your explanation
13 does make more sense than mine. Thanks for clearing up things.
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list