From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and saving images taking so long
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:09:04
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 16 July 2007 05:54, Dale wrote:
5 >> I think it is a bug myself. It seems to me that there should be a limit
6 >> of some kind on this file. Maybe a time limit, size limit or
7 >> something. Me, I just hate filing bug reports. I have filed a few but
8 >> only after some serious guru
9 >> said I should. I did go search to see if one had been filed but I
10 >> didn't see one filed.
13 > [snip...]
14 >
15 >> Any thoughts from a serious guru about whether I should file this as a
16 >> bug with Seamonkey or not?
19 > I am not a guru and some would argue I am not serious either, but is there
20 > somewhere in the Mozilla settings how much cache and space for
21 > entries/history it is allowed to use? I am thinking of Opera here which
22 > offers you such fine tuning options.
25 Well, I do have cache set to 500Mbs but I did that so that it could
26 cache images and such on web pages. I frequent some sites that have a
27 lot of images and since I am on dial-up, very slow dial-up, I like it to
28 store them locally as much as possible. Over clockers forums is one
29 such site that takes forever to load when I have recently cleared the cache.
30
31 I think what is needed here is a limit to the downloads.rdf file's size
32 or something to that effect. I can say this, I love that it is now
33 faster. I just wonder how many other people are having this issue and
34 have no clue what is wrong.
35
36 Dale
37