From: Robin <diilbert.atlantis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:56:06
1 Of course. Blame gmail. Typical. LOL
2 That is probably what it is... If you check the gentoo-user archives
3 it should appear there.
4
5 On 1/9/06, Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl> wrote:
6 > Jamie Dobbs schreef:
7 > > Are there issues with the mailing lists at the moment? I have made a few
8 > > posts in the last 2-3 hours that have yet to show up on the lists.
9 > > I've also noticed considerably less traffic on the lists in recent days,
10 > > could this be due to a general email slow down due to an increase in spam
11 > > email traffic?
14 > From your later mails, you seem to be the same Jamie who has asked
15 > several times about a problem with xorg-X11 and an inability to compile
16 > gnome-control-center.
17 >
18 > If that is the case, you are not having any problem; we've gotten the 3
19 > repeat mails about this issue (I at least don't know how to solve it
20 > though), but the reason the messages are not coming back to you is
21 > because you used your GMail account.
22 >
23 > Gmail discards the return of your mail from the list, because it already
24 > has a copy of this mail (in your 'Sent' folder). You will never get
25 > mails from yourself appearing in ML threads via Gmail for this reason
26 > (until someone replies to them, which no one has in this case).
27 >
28 > So there is no problem, you've just encountered a GMail 'feature'.
29 >
30 > Holly
31 > --
32 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list