From: Lubos Kolouch <lubos.kolouch@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Advice for System monitor + Intrusion Detection tools?
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:42:44
1 Stroller, Fri, 19 Nov 2010 22:06:57 +0000:
2
3 > On 19/11/2010, at 8:45pm, Fatih Tümen wrote:
4 >> I just want to beware of anything unusual instantly, preferably by
5 >> email. This is a single or two user laptop.
6 >
7 > I've been meaning for some time to look for something like this myself.
8 > I'm personally only interested in messages from the RAID controller, and
9 > I'm not sure that I'm a high-risk for intrusion, but I do want to know
10 > about it *immediately* if a drive fails, so that ideally I can pop into
11 > the store on the way home and pick up a new disk to replace the one that
12 > failed.
16 Seems to me like a use case for nagios
17
18 Lubos Kolouch