From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Ati or Nvida
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:57:36
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > I've made the big mistake of bying an notebook w/ geforce go 6100.
3
4 I have one. Compaq Presario 3415LA (Sempron 3500+, GeForce 6150, Gentoo
5 64bit.)
8 > So I strongly suggest, NOT to buy NV cards.
9
10 Too late buddy. All my current boxes (6) run on NVidia cards, and are the most
11 stable boxes I ever had.
14 > (BTW: a few month ago, I managed to stop a customer from buying
15 > several hundreds of NV cards - yes, consulting jobs sometimes
16 > make really fun this way ;-P)
17
18 Poor customer :-)
19
20 Perhaps you were running cheap PSUs or bad memory banks and that's why your
21 box crashed so often.
24 Regards,
25 Norberto
26 --