From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install help
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:03:51
1 On 4/20/06, Bob Bao <bbao@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi.
4 >
5 > I am a new gentoo user here. I downloaded gentoo 2.6 liveCD from gentoo
6 > website. After couple time trying, finally I successfully complete the
7 > installing. But, after log in, I only get a xterm window and a session
8 > window. I think suppose I should get a graphic user interface like boot
9
10 Do you know how X works and what is a Window Manager? Check:
11 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
12 (but I suppose you already have X configured, since you can at least login)
13
14 And after that, choose one of these and follow instructions...
15 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/kde-config.xml
16 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gnome-config.xml
17 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/fluxbox-config.xml
18
19 That's the best we can do, you must understand HOW X works with the
20 Window Manager in order to get a GUI.
23 Daniel da Veiga
24 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list