From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: perl versioning problem, how to get beyond for @world
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 18:10:37
1 "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > It looks like the @INC list (the directory list perl uses for finding
4 > its modules) is not right or is not processed right. Only one
5 > directory is looked into? (You can see @INC with "perl -V", it should
6 > be up to about ten directories on a Gentoo install.)
7
8 Doesn't seem to have been related to @INC as that variable contains
9 all the usual suspects. Far as processing that may be the problem.
10
11 > Unless you really, really want to know exactly which bit from which
12 > package is sideways you might get out of the hole simply with:
13 > perl-cleaner --reallyall
16 Thanks for that.
17
18 I did `perl-cleaner --reallyall' but the emerge process engendered by it
19 failed again at the same perl module: perl-core/Module-Build-0.400.0
20 ------- --------- ---=--- --------- --------
21
22 Here is what seems to have fixed things up... I'm not sure if all of
23 it is required, but what I finally did was unmask the hard mask on
24 perl-5.14
25
26 Emerged that with -uD flags which caused the same troublesome
27 perl-core/Module-Build-0.400.0 to be installed after the new perl was
28 installed and it went by without a whimper.
29
30 Then followed with perl-cleaner --all, followed by revdep-rebuild.
31 (neither of those seemed to find much to do).
32
33 Apparently the perl change was fully cleaned up during install so
34 perl-cleaner had nothing to do.
35
36 And finally `eix-sync' followed by `emerge -vuDp @world' which revealed
37 that those troublesome perl modules: perl-core/Module-Build-0.400.0
38 and Parse::CPAN::Meta are now not coming up since they are installed.
39
40 However I see a new gcc in the output so thinking I'll install that by
41 itself and set the new one up as active before doing `emerge -vuD
42 @world'
43
44 I'll post this once I see if a full emerge -vuD @world works without failure.
45
46 tic toc . tic toc ....
47
48 OK, the full `emerge -vuD @world', followed by `revdep-rebuild' has
49 gone down trouble free.... all fixed I guess.