From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Safe systemd "reload" command
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 22:59:55
1 On 06/06/2016 06:04 PM, Tom H wrote:
2 >
3 > 1) I've never used systemd on Gentoo but I assume that you can
4 > co-install openrc and systemd. So you'd want to check whether systemd
5 > is running:
6 >
7 > [ -d /run/systemd/system ]
10 I think the way I did this, it will be a no-op if systemd is not running
11 (or if e.g. spamd is not running *under* systemd). I committed the cron
12 job yesterday, so I'll hear about it if it doesn't work.
15 > 2) spamassassin.service is running
16 > 3) reload or restart spamassassin.service
17 >
18 > systemctl try-reload-or-restart spamassassin.service
19 > if sa is running, it'll reload it if sa supports a reload, otherwise
20 > it'll restart it
23 Ah, that sounds like an improvement. It looks like amavisd.service
24 supports reloading, but spamd.service doesn't. The way we do it in
25 spamd.init is to send a HUP signal to the spamd process (determined from
26 its PID file). Google tells me that
27
28 ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
29