From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} cdrdao's toc2cue question
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:55:35
1 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > > Why do you like to create a cue file anyway?
4 > >
5 > > Cdda2wav splits the data at the right location and it icludes the paranoia code.
6 >
7 > I read a comparison where somebody ripped a CD with cdrdao and a
8 > couple other tools and then burned the images back to CDs and compared
9 > the CDs, and cdrdao was the only one that ended up with being
10 > indistinguishable from the original as reported by the tool he used.
11
12 There have been several tests that show up that cdda2wav/cdrecord are
13 the best choice - even compared with Win32 programs.
16 > I want to create a cue file because it's required for converting the
17 > CD image to FLAC with the flac command. I'm actually not interested
18 > in burning CDs, FLAC files only.
19
20 Mmm I see no reason why there should be a need for a cue sheet just to do a
21 simple compression.
22
23 Jörg
26 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin