From: Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Old ATI Radeon RV350 driver broken after system update
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 11:01:27
1 On 2012-12-04 19:52, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
2
3 > Right, I did that now, and have the framebuffer splash back. X also
4 > starts
5 > but the whole system locks hard once gdm tries to paint the login
6 > area.
7 > Unfortunately, after rebooting the log doesn't give me any useful
8 > output.
9 > I have to fiddle around with the setup a bit to see what's wrong,
10 > maybe
11 > something's still missing.
12
13 I didn't find out anything after that, although I rebooted quite a few
14 times.
15
16 But I'm happy to see that today's update of x11-base/xorg-server-1.13.1
17 (from
18 1.13.0-r1) fixed my crashes. Now I'm a happy X user again. :-)
19
20 Peter.