From: Adrian <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage tree hosed?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 02:30:15
1 On Mon, 8 May 2006 21:01:11 +0300
2 "Mantas Povilaitis" <mpovilaitis@×××××.com> wrote the words:
3
4 > On 5/8/06, Mantas Povilaitis <mpovilaitis@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > > On 5/7/06, Adrian <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > > > > Everytime I try to sync it times out and I never finish.
7 > > > > I'm on dial-up, so it's a bit slow. I am trying to install
8 > > > > emerge-delta-webrsync and try from there, but of course, I
9 > > > > can't emerge anything . . .
10 > >
11 > > You can try adding
12 > >
13 > > RSYNC_TIMEOUT=500
14 > >
15 > > or some other big value to make.conf.
16 > >
17 > sorry, don't use it, I forgot it would give this:
18 > WARNING: usage of RSYNC_TIMEOUT is deprecated, use PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS
19 > instead
20 >
21 > It should be something like this:
22 > PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--timeout=500"
23 >
24 > --
25 Thank you. I didn't know that option. I did set it to 500 but still
26 having timeout problems. I still have a few other experiments to try
27 but I'll be back when I know more.
28
29 Adrian
34 On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos
35
36 On The Fly Photography: http://204EastSouth.com
37 Purchase from On The Fly: http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
38 The Cynical Libertarian Society: http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls