From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] transkode is gone
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:19:57
1 Hi there!
2
3 media-sound/transkode [*] was a nice KDE3 application for converting
4 various audio formats into others. It's gone now, and no, it's not in the
5 kde-sunset overlay. I cannot even find any information on why it was
6 removed.
7 Building it manually does not work at all with gcc-4.3, and with lower
8 versions I get somewhat further, but building does not finish, too.
9
10 Any ideas why it's gone? Or where to look to find this out?
11
12 And: Do you know about a replacement which takes a bunch of audio files
13 and converts them info another format? I can do this on the command line,
14 but transkode already has some presets for common formats and was just
15 easy to use, no need to find out all needed options for lame etc.
16
17 Wonko
18
19 [*] http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=37669