From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] world rebuild with gcc-6.3.0 - not completely there yet
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 14:02:40
1 I've been running some number theory on my CPU 24/7 for the last
2 month... It's a good burn-in because it uses all my cpu and all my ram.
3 =P The run will complete a month from now, I hope...
4
5 Kinda stoked about gcc 6.x coming, really looking forward to rebuilding
6 my system, hope things go well by the time I'm ready. =)
9 Walter Dnes wrote:
10 > I have a 2008 dual core Core2 that I gave up on because it doesn't
11 > support QEMU hardware acceleration. Now that I've figured out chroot
12 > for stuff I need, I decided to do a new 32-bit install. I figured this
13 > might be a chance to experiment with GCC 6.3.0. I went whole-hog and
14 > enabled graphite, and used various -floop and -ftree CXXFLAGS. When I
15 > tried updating @world on a new install, it was a Churchillian
16 > "unmitigated disaster", with multiple program builds aborting with
17 > "internal compiler error" messages complaining about something to do
18 > with "loop". I blew away the partially completed install and started
19 > again. This time, it'll be 6.3.0 without graphite.
20 >
21 > I'm busy Tuesday morning. So I'll fire up an "emerge -e @world" before
22 > going to bed, and see where things are when I get back in the afternoon.
25 Strange Game.
26 The only winning move is not to play.
27
28 Powers are not rights.