From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT -- gcc .o linking and undefined references
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:57:47
1 Dan wrote:
2 > The bit that makes me think I'm stupid is that it seems that neither gcc
3 > or I can find the source (.c) or compiled binaries (.o) which implement
4 > the structures and functions defined in ldap.h. What am I doing wrong?
5 > Where are the .c and .o files supposed to be on a regular linux system?
6 > Where on gentoo? Have I missed a crucial flag?
7
8 Openldap (like most software) installs its code in libraries under /usr/lib.
9 They are called lib<name>.a (static) or lib<name>.so (dynamic). In your case the
10 file is called /usr/lib/libldap.so. But you don't really need to know that. To
11 compile your code, simply type:
12
13 gcc -o <your_prog> main.o myfile1.o myfile2.o -lldap
14
15 Where -lldap means: link against libldap.
16
17 Christoph
18 --
19 echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org@fr33z3