From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage performance dropped considerably
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 18:16:22
1 On 30 Jan 2014, at 03:50 am, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > I just tried paludis again (after some time).
4 > ...
5 > * you cannot unmask USE flags at all, not without hackery... and that
6 > is really non-trivial for unmasking abi_x86_32 globally, because those
7 > masks are scattered across a lot of files in profiles/
8 > The explanation from the paludis developer is simply wrong:
9 > http://paludis.exherbo.org/trac/ticket/817
12 "WONTFIX: you can hack around it with your own profile if you need to deal with Gentoo not following its own policies correctly."
13
14 Yes, that's the Ciaran McCreesh I remember.
15
16 Stroller.