From: ubiquitous1980 <nixuser1980@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Manual pages (man pages) have ESC all through them when having used sudo.
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:32:26
1 pk wrote:
2 > ubiquitous1980 wrote:
3 >
4 >> If I have logged in through sudo such as $ sudo su, when I then use man
5 >> pages, they are covered in "ESC". This does not occur when using normal
6 >> user accounts or the root account through su. Wondering what is going
7 >> on. Thanks.
10 > Q: Have you tried "... su -" (the dash is important since it will read
11 > the environment for root login otherwise the environment will be the
12 > same as for current user).
13 >
14 > http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2006/07/msg00059.html
15 >
16 > Best regards
17 >
18 > Peter K
21 With "sudo su - " the man pages do not have ESC throughout. I have
22 learned sudo su from my ubuntu days and I am only guessing that this is
23 bad practice and that the correct command is $ sudo su -
24
25 Thanks
26
27 Damien