From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] adobe-flash-11.2.202.228 + nvidia crashing
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:24:05
1 I don't remember reading about anyone else with this problem.
2 Hopefully I haven't missed the right thread.
3
4 I run stable Gentoo + a few ~amd64 packages. My video adapter is an
5 NVidia 463 GTX. Since the update to adobe-flash-11.2.202.228 a few
6 weeks ago all Flash apps crash the plugin within Firefox. I posted a
7 bug report here and got shot down for reasons I don't understand. (I
8 understand what he said and why he said it, but I didn't understand
9 them just giving up without feedback back to Adobe, etc.)
10
11 I'm wondering if anyone else has suffered through this to find a
12 solution. The nouveau suggestion isn't where I want to go with my
13 machines and I'm just not finding any solutions on the web yet.
14
15 Anyway, there was at the time a newer (IIRC) or possibly slightly
16 older (IIDRC) Flash ebuild but it's been removed from portage. That
17 one worked for me. There is a newer version (11.2.202.233) listed on
18 the Adobe Flash site but I haven't found info on what it corrects.
19
20 Thanks in advance for any ideas.
21
22 Cheers,