From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Reduce granularity of emerge-fetch.log?
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 23:39:33
1 On 2019-03-07, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 20:01:46 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've noticed that when downloading large files, emerge seems to write
5 >> an excessive number of lines to /var/log/emerge-fetch.log. The last
6 >> time I looked, it was writing 30-40 lines/second while downloading.
7 >>
8 >> Is there any way to reduce that to a saner number? I don't really see
9 >> the point of updating the log more than once every few seconds.
10 >
11 > It seems you can change the output of wget with the --progress option,
12 > which you would set in FETCHCOMMAND in make.conf.
13
14 Doh! I thought that the output format looked familiar: I didn't
15 realize it was using wget. Thanks...
18 Grant