From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dovecot + inotify max_user instances
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 21:01:12
1 On 06/01/2014 21:53, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 >> Instead, add that echo statement to a file in /etc/local.d/ and add the
3 >> > local service to your default runlevel. It will tweak the
4 >> > max_user_instances knob for you when it runs, same with all such local
5 >> > knob fiddling you do to optimize performance.
6 >> >
7 >> > I think overall this is better than hacking around in dovecot's start-up
8 >> > script (a rather unsuitable place for it imho)
9 > I put such a thing in /etc/sysctl.conf like this -- I don't have
10 > dovecot, but I needed it for crashplan
11 > fs.inotify.max_user_watches=1000000
12 > or whatever value suits.
15 /me bangs head
16
17 Yes of course, that is a better solution for things with a sysctl.
18
19 I look at the echo statement and it writes to something in /proc
20 My brain said it writes to something in /sys
21
22 Now, where do I leave those memory-booster pills for old people again?
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com