From: Jason Castonguay <jcast@××××.net>
To: gentoo-users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem while doing `emerge --emptytree system'
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 04:43:00
1 Hi listers.
2
3 I'm in the process of installing gentoo for the first time and am now in
4 the process of going from stage 2 to stage 3. I am trying to do
5
6 emerge --emptytree system
7
8 It seems to be fine until it gets to installing openssl (14 of 186) apps
9 to be installed. The process stops and says that perl 5 is required.
10 This is understandable, but I thought emerge was supposed to be "aware" of
11 this sort of thing and install apps in the correct order. I did a
12
13 emerge --pretend --emptytree system |less
14
15 and perl 5 is there, but further down the list of things to be installed
16 (after openssl).
17
18 What should do? Install perl separately?
19
20 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.
23 Best regards,
26 "Let music echo the thoughts of your soul."
27
28 -- Jason Castonguay <jcast@××××.net>
31 The Moon is Waxing Crescent (1% of Full)
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list