From: matthew.garman@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hard lockups w/nfs, md raid5
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 04:01:19
1 On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 12:51:38PM -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > Also try the memory test script from here, but it does pretty much
3 > what you were describing...massive IO and memory bandwidth test:
4 >
5 > http://people.redhat.com/dledford/memtest.html
6
7 I don't believe it is a memory, IO or hardware problem (at this
8 point). I ran the above test simultaneously with "stress --io 10
9 --hdd 10" for several hours. No problems.
10
11 I believe the problem is NFS locking up the machine. If I run the
12 same "stress" program on a client machine, where the working
13 directory is NFS mounted to the server, then I can cause a lockup
14 almost instantaneously.
15
16 Has anyone else seen hard lockups like this with NFS?
17
18 Any fixes?
19
20 Thanks,