From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: listing portage/overlay packages by dev ?
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 19:29:39
1 Michael Orlitzky <mjo <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > portageq --maintainer-email can do it, but it only checks your installed
5 > overlays.
6
7 I have htop install, and 'idl0r' is the maintainer
8
9 'portageq --maintainer-email idl0r'
10
11 comes back empty as with any number of dev-handles listed in metadata for
12 installed packages. when ran as root. It throws errors when run as a user.
13
14 correct syntax ??
15
16 portageq is not documented in the man page for portage ?
17 is portageq -h the extent of available docs?
18
19 I did find this scant info in the wiki::
20 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Portage#portageq
21
22 and a listing of 'portageq -h' and a wee bit more here::
23 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Portageq
26 I was hoping for a separate code/script I could hack on.
27 I doubt seriously, (my) hacks to portage are going to be welcome...
28
29 Anyway that's a neat tool and close, but I'm not sure how to
30 wise patching portage is to extend the features. A non-core
31 package would be fine. I'll look at the portageq code on github
32 and see if I can make a stand alone script or q-applet to
33 extend this metadata query. Packages I already have installed
34 are not the issue. What I want is a quick and convenient tool
35 to 'periscope' into all the gentoo published work a dev might
36 have so as to better understand the focus(es) of their work
37 and common interests.
40 With blueness, it's dirt simple::
41
42 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Blueness &&
43 https://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/
46 But this basic information would be very nice if a tool parsed out the
47 basics so each and every dev does not have to do this. I'm trying to
48 'not reinvent the wheel' but it is a great help, particularly for the
49 product devs that are into the same sorts of things as I am. (ultrabug) for
50 example.
51
52 thx,
53 James