From: Tamas Sarga <tamas.sarga2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Optical mouse lights off on kernel 2.6.14 but works on kernel 2.4.30
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:04:28
1 Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > I got a new VCOM optical mouse, model C235-PS2-V. And I'm having
5 > problems with it. On Windows XP or with the Linux kernel 2.4.30
6 > (OpenMosix) it works fine. But on linux kernel 2.6.14-r2 (Gentoo
7 > Sources), it lights off and stays off unless I halt the system.
8 >
9 > I believe this is related to udev for two reasons, one because the
10 > 2.4 kernel uses devfs unstead of udev, and also because the light goes
11 > off when udev is starting. On the dmesg log, there are two entries
12 > related to the mouse:
13 >
14 > mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
15 > input: ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse on isa0060/serio1
16 >
17 > The mouse buttons work, but when I press any of them, the cursor
18 > goes to the top-right corner of the screen and stays there.
19 >
20 > Does anybody has any idea of what might be wrong, or how to create
21 > a udev rule so the mouse device works as in devfs?
22 >
23 > Thanks for the attention,
24 >
25 > Raphael
28 Hi,
29
30 What Option "Device" parameter in xorg.conf? It should be
31 /dev/input/mice in most of the cases.
32
33 HTH.
34 Cheers,
35 Tamas Sarga Sárga Tamás
36 --
37 Make the world confused! Zavard össze a világot!
38 Smile on monday morning! Mosolyogj hétfõ reggel!
39 --
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list