From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xcdroast 0.98alpha16: Empty CD
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 13:23:28
1 Joerg Schilling:
2 >Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 >> Starting xcdroast with -d 10 shows the problem:
5 >>
6 >> DGB1: spawning: /usr/lib/xcdroast-0.98/bin/xcdrwrap CDDA2WAV -D "2,1,0"
7 >> -J -g -Q -H -v toc,summary,sectors,titles
8 >> DGB10: readtoc: cdda2wav: Invalid argument. Cannot open output fd 0.
9 >
10 >This is a bug in cdda2wav that only hits when compiled in 64 bit mode. For this
11 >reason, it has not been detected for a long time as Solaris by default uses 32
12 >Bit applications as 64 bit application on an orthogonal CPU are usually
13 >slower...
14
15 Ah, therefore it doesn't occur in a chroot to an old Gentoo.
16
17 >The bug has been fixed on March 28, 2017 and published in schilytools.
18 >
19 >Today, I published a separate source ball cdrtools-3.02a09.
20
21 Thanks, Joerg. In the meantime I had played a little, for the first
22 time, with an overlay to get the exact versions of the relevant programs
23 and was a little baffled that it didn't help.
24
25 I can imagine that finding the issue was tricky.
26
27 Hartmut