From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] automatic wlan restart
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 08:03:54
1 Hi folks,
4 I'm regularily loosing wlan link (not sure if its a driver problem
5 or disortion in the local air) and so have to restart the wland
6 interface quite often. As the box is also doing several automatic
7 things (backups, etc), it's really ugly (eg. when I'm not on keys,
8 at some point no backups can be made, etc).
9
10 So I'm looking for a way to fully-automatically restart the interface
11 when the link goes down. Of course, I could hack up some syslog
12 parsing, which calls '/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 restart', but that
13 implies the interface going down (iow: ipstack will report no route
14 to destination network back to applications) for several seconds.
15
16 Does anyone know an better solution, which just reconnects to the
17 same AP w/o taking the interface down (maybe even buffer the
18 packets while physical link down) ?
21 cu
22 --
24 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/
25
26 phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@×××××.de
27 mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666
29 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme