From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] moving rsnapshots
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 07:54:50
1 Am 25.07.2012 01:03, schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
2 > Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
5 >> a bit OT as it is not gentoo-specific:
6 >>
7 >> how to move the data stored by rsnapshot from A to B ?
8 >>
9 >> I run an "rsync -a" and see that the target already uses up more space
10 >> than the source. So all this linking seems not to be synced in the
11 >> correct way, to save space.
12 > Do you have the H option in your rsync -- I am pretty sure that options
13 > says keep hard links.
14
15 Thanks to both of you, we try "rsync -aH" now.
16
17 It would be worth testing if it also works to "replace copied files by
18 hard links" with "-H" but I will have to do it elsewhere ... this is
19 production data ... on a box with ancient version of LVM2 ...
20
21 Thanks, Stefan