From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub emerge make boot screen and others unreadable
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 19:33:26
1 * Allan Gottlieb (gottlieb@×××.edu) [09.07.08 20:04]:
2 > The latest stable emerge of grub decided to add
3 >
4 > splashimage=(hd0,2)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
5 >
6 > to my grub.conf
7 >
8 > Since I do not have support for this in my kernel the screen was
9 > unreadable. Should I file this as a bug?
10 >
11 Your kernel is not even loaded, when this happens. So your kernel has
12 nothing to do with it.
13
14 This is the background picture of grub, which grub should display. This
15 should not happen. But before filling a bug look at the open bugs for
16 grub, if it isn't filed already.
19 > thanks,
20 > allan
21
22 Sebastian
25 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
26
27 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de