From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help me reboot X
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:28:28
1 On 6/18/07, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 21:16:58 -0400, Ken wrote:
4 >
5 > > If you have physical access to the machine and have support for the
6 > > Magic SysRq built into your kernel, you can kill the X server by
7 > > pressing ALT + SysRq + K. This will kill all processes running on the
8 > > current terminal.
9 >
10 > If you are accessing via SSH, you can still use this with
11 >
12 > echo k >/proc/sysrq-trigger
15 Nice. However, I'm still wondering -- neither of my keyboards has a keytop
16 labelled sysreq. What is it?
17
18 ++ kevin
21 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD