From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1TB 2.5in drive recommendation
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 22:56:57
1 So there seems to be a pattern :-/
2 How about SSD they are not that much more? Will it withstand Gentoo compilations :-) ?
5 Joseph
6
7 On 08/28/14 22:46, Mick wrote:
8 >On Thursday 28 Aug 2014 21:45:10 Joseph wrote:
9 >> I need to select 500GB or 1TB infernal 2.5in drive, any recommendation
10 >> (reliability) of the brand. My current WD 320GB fail after 5-years.
11 >
12 >Interesting ... mine also failed catastrophically a couple of months ago after
13 >around 5 years of continuous use.
14 >
15 >Which reminds me to run a backup on my Seagate:
16 >
17 >Model Family: Seagate Momentus 7200.4
18 >Device Model: ST9500420ASG
19 >
20 >I'm not sure how much anecdotal reports on reliable drives actually hold
21 >water, unless we're talking about an epidemic of failures like I seem to
22 >recall Dell's Seagate drives experienced a few years ago.
23 >
24 >--
25 >Regards,
26 >Mick