From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Howto for Sendmail configuration?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:46:55
1 · Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com>:
2
3 > I was wrong. One look at the sendmail configuration file actually
4 > angered me because of all the crap I would no doubt have to go through
5 > to get it working.
6
7 Yep. That's why I never had a closer look at sendmail. If possible,
8 I replace it everywhere.
9
10 > So what I am looking for is a simplified howto describing how I could
11 > set up sendmail to deliver mail for me...
12
13 Uhm, if you don't know sendmail, then why start with sendmail
14 in the first place? There are quite some easier MTAs out there.
15 I personally like Postfix best, but Exim seems to be popular
16 as well. And for simple setups something like ssmtp might even
17 be sufficient.
18
19 So, the real question is: Why do you want to use sendmail?
20 Is there any real reason?
21
22 > I also wonder if it's possible to use sendmail to relay mail to my gmail
23 > account and send it from there?
24
25 ?
26 What do you want to accomplish? What benefit do you see by
27 doing that?
28
29 Alexander Skwar
30 --
31 BOFH Excuse #346:
32
33 Your/our computer(s) had suffered a memory leak, and we are waiting for them to be topped up.
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list