From: Nick Khamis <symack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nothing In Gnome Working
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:17:26
1 Hello Everyone,
2
3 I got gnome to fire with some problems:
4
5 1) startx startx gnome but rc-update add xdm default starts xdm:
6 ~/.xinitrc: exec gnome-session
7 /etc/conf.d/xdm: DISPLAYMANAGER="gdm"
8 That is not my problem, the reason why I am almost getting blue in the face
9 is because when I issue a startx, gnome fires up perfect, however; I am
10 greeted with a "There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon"
11 message box.... and also nothing works. I try to open firefox nothing,
12 network manager nothing. I look at ctrl+alt+f1 and seeing errors like:
13 dbus_g_proxy_connect_signal: assertion 'DBUS_IS_G_PROXY (proxy)' failed
14 ......a bunch of errors.........
15 a lot of failed to open file
16 d/.config.....
17 d/.gnome2.....
18 No such file or directory.
19
20 I am almost there, I am just at this point lost, scared and kind of cold ;)
21
22 Your help and guidance is greatly appreciated, I understand that this is
23 almost the worst description of a problem ever. I am starting to get light
24 headed.
25
26 Regards,
27 Ninus.