From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound in Firefox 1.5.05
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 03:25:34
1 Sorry that I can't really help with your problem.
2
3 On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 10:03:52PM -0400, Penguin Lover Colleen Beamer squawked:
4 > The other issue is a video from this particular link
5 > http://tobykeith.musiccitynetworks.com/index.htm?inc=5&news_id=8090. I
6 > was able to get sound in video on this site before the upgrade. Again,
7 > what is different?
8
9 Works for me. One thing though: have you tried restarting firefox?
10 Like Richard described earlier, a lot of legacy software
11 ahem*flash*ahem use the OSS compatibility layer of ALSA, which
12 sometimes results in blocking of resources between softwares. For
13 example: if I start a phone call in skype, it locks up /dev/dsp and if
14 an instance of Firefox is running at that time, any subsequent
15 windows/tabs opened in Firefox would get sound on any flash movie. If
16 I restart firefox, it works again.
17
18 But I really don't know what the problem is on your end.
19
20 > I also tried recompiling Firefox with the nsplugin USE flag, although
21 > this USE flag was not listed when I did 'emerge -av mozilla-firefox'.
24 the nsplugin flag applies not to firefox, but to programs that can
25 plug-into firefox, like java, acroread, and such.
26
27 W
28 --
29 "Professor Sondhi, it made a noise. I'm done now."
30 ~DeathMech, Some Student. P-town PHY 205
31 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 10 days, 6:19
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list