From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kconsole lost PTYs
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:07:50
1 Hello,
2
3 Strange occurance this one. Booted up a laptop (kde) and got these error
4 messages, one for each terminal session:
5
6 " Kconsole is unable to open a PTY (pseudo teletype). It is likely that this
7 is due to an incorrect configuration of the PTY devices. Kconsole needs to
8 have read/write access to the PTY devices."
9
10 Upon acknowledgement of each error (popUP) my kconsole sessions disappeared....
11 I can ssh into the system to fix the problem, but, I'm not sure what would
12 have changed?
13
14 Any ideas on this one? Why did it show up now? I have recently upgraded
15 xorg and migrated KDE from monolithic to kde-meta. But all worked fine
16 following these upgrades.
19 James
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list