From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adobe-flash-11.2.202.228 + nvidia crashing
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 16:41:32
2 <SNIP>
3 >> I thought I'd report back that while Flash continues to crash on this
4 >> machine only even with updates to both Firefox & adobe-flash, I tried
5 >> Google Chrome this morning and it works perfectly. I appears the root
6 >> cause of this problem would be Firefox, not Flash or nvidia-drivers,
7 >> and I once again have a solution for watching Flash-based media, at
8 >> least for the short term.
9 >>
10 >> My thinking at this point is that Google is going to drive a solution
11 >> that keeps YouTube users happy. I doubt long-term they'll let Adobe, a
12 >> much smaller company, control their future... :-)
13 >>
14 >> Cheers,
15 >> Mark