From: Ryan <ryan@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Google or Firefox problem?
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:38:00
1 Over the past few days I've noticed that Firefox is having problems with
2 the + symbol on google. If I do a search for "test this" The 1st
3 results page is correct. But, if I scroll down to the bottom and click
4 on Next or one of the numbers to go to a certain page, it will only
5 search for the 1st word in the phrase. Here is a screenshot of the problem:
6
7 http://crystaldawn.net/ff-messingup.png
8
9 If you take a look, you'll see I searched for test this. I then clicked
10 on the properties for the Page 2 link, and you can see that it clearly
11 shows only "this" in the search. I just tested this on a Windows
12 machine with FF 1.06, and it does NOT have this problem. So I guess
13 that pretty much rules out FF or Google as the cause. The only thing I
14 can think of is that something is funky with something else. But what
15 that something else is, I have NO idea. Also, I have IE installed with
16 wine, and IE does not have this problem.
17
18 http://crystaldawn.net/ie-works.png
19
20 Is anyone else having this same problem? Not being able to go through
21 more than 1 page on google is REALLY terrible. I'd like to find out
22 what is causing this.
23
24 David Corbin wrote:
25