From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Scanner Trouble - Solved (I think)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:45
1 Hi all,
2
3 I honestly don't know what I did. I was playing around checking
4 different settings and now xsane works fine.
5
6 Sorry for the bother.
7
8 Regards,
9
10 Colleen
11
12 C. Beamer wrote:
13
14 >Hi,
15 >
16 >When I first installed Gentoo on my main machine about a month ago, my
17 >scanner was working just fine. I don't use it that much, but today when
18 >I went to use it (using xsane), I got a message that no devices were found.
19 >
20 >I checked dmesg and as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be
21 >anything wrong.
22 >
23 >The only thing that I did that might have affected it (although it
24 >doesn't seem to have affected anything else) is:
25 >
26 >emerge --update --deep mozilla-firefox (because there was an updated
27 >Firefox package)
28 >
29 >When I did this, emerge updated 26 packages including some x packages,
30 >so I don't know if this is what is causing the problem.
31 >
32 >The scanner works in Window - I tested it to be sure that it wasn't a
33 >scanner problem.
34 >
35 >Additionally, I used to have this problem when I ran FC4 all the time.
36 >I have a USB printer, zip drive and game pad all connected to my system
37 >and all work fine. The scanner is USB as well and in FC4, I used to
38 >always have to remove the usb cable and plug it back in again and then I
39 >could get xsane to recognize the scanner. However, I tried that and had
40 >no luck.
41 >
42 >Any ideas?
43 >