From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (dual) booting windows kills the ethernet device for linux
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:50:05
1 At Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:27:38 +0200 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Allan Gottlieb writes:
4 >
5 >> The machine seems to have two "hardware" states determined by whether
6 >> windows has been run since power on.
7 >
8 > I _think_ I read about such a problem ages ago, and there was a
9 > workaround. Either in the BIOS, or in Windows, some Wake-On-LAN option. If
10 > activated, Windows would not shut down the device, so Wake-On-LAN will
11 > continue to work.
12 >
13 > My memory on this is vague, but it might be worth a try to look into that.
14
15 Thanks. I just looked and the google hits I looked were about trouble
16 recovering from hibernation.
17
18 thanks again,
19 allan