From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Sound not sounding
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 16:25:38
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
3 > Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 3:14 PM
4 > To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound not sounding
6 >
7 > On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 3:05 PM Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
8 > >
9 > > On 23/03/2022 20:31, Mark Knecht wrote:
10 >
11 > <hehe> Yeah, ain't that the truth! I'd likely be a Gentoo user if anyone built and maintained a 'standard', stable distro, something delivered in primarily binary files. I just lost patience dealing with all the issues you guys deal with daily.
14 I believe that's called Sabayon. Standard, provided configurations and supported apps with a binary package server just like it was a binary distro, but if you really want to customize something it's still Gentoo under the fancy GUI.
15
16 I've not actually used the distro itself, but their overlay has been quite handy in the past.
17
18 ChromeOS is supposedly similar, at least it as at one point, but I don't trust them any farther than I can throw them, so I didn't investigate much and just ripped all their stuff out of my Chromebook and replaced it with real Gentoo.
19
20 LMP